Time to reflect on June & prep for a fantastic July!
Congrats to everyone for making it through another stellar month. The weather has changed and you may have noticed as the humidity rises, it’s tougher to breathe through those tough metcons. Factor the weather in as just one more challenge added to each workout, pace yourself as necessary, and do the best you can. Be proud of yourselves for continuing this tough training as the weather makes it harder!
What accomplishments are you proud of in June?
1) settling into my new apartment
2) making big strides in developing the CFM team & delegating responsibilities
3) kicking off the new version of our Instructor Training Program
4) beginning to train with my new powerlifting coach in preparation for my July 20th meet
5) officially registering for USAPL Raw Nationals
6) starting work with a new naturopath/acupuncturist to help improve my health & well being
And now it’s time to set July goals...here are a few of mine:
1) Set PRs (personal records) on back squat, bench press & total at USAPL Raw Nationals on July 20th
2) Continued focus on recovery to stay healthy & make the most of the training sessions I have left before the meet, to include: sleeping 8+ hours a night, twice a week chiropractic adjustments & ART, 6x a week foam rolling/mobility work, drinking plenty of water, eating clean, limiting alcohol, taking epsom salts baths, continuing supplementation with fish oil, nighttime recovery, pre-workout Muscle Fuel, post-workout SFH Recovery & Fortified.
3) Gain three pounds of muscle before the meet (through regular lifting, LOTS of protein & NO metcons/cardio)
4) Work hard through 7/16 so I can enjoy the rest of the month OFF on vacation 🙂
What were your high points of June? What are your goals for July? Let’s keep this blog comments momentum rolling...share in the comments!
This month’s programming is focused on preparing all of our CFM athletes for Quarterly Progress Checks at the end of the month (the week of July 22nd...mark your calendars!) AND on training our participants in CFM’s Summer To Helen Back challengers to improve on their Helen times... stay tuned for a longer blog post tomorrow with details on what to expect from July programming.
PEACHTREE ROAD RACE!
Good luck to all our CFMericans running the Peachtree Road Race! If you’re not running but still want to join the CFM community to cheer on our team, join Lis & Jeremy...(who else is in?) Thursday morning at 11th & Peachtree to celebrate CFMerica this 4th of July!
What a good-lookin' bunch of peeps at CFM's 1st Anniversary Party back in May!
Workout of the Day (WOD)A. Back Squat:
5@70%, 3@80%, 1@90% (of 1-rep max... if you don't know your max, we'll help!)
B. 5 rounds for max reps of:
1 minute max rope climbs or rope climb skill work or ring rows), rest :30
1 minute double unders, rest :30
1 minute hollow rocks, rest :30
And coming tomorrow...A. Deadlift:
5@70%, 3@80%, 1@90%
B. Split jerk:
As many rounds/reps as possible (AMRAP) in 8 minutes of:
5 toes to bar
3 burpee broad jump*
*Jump as far as you are tall each time (mark the floor w chalk for your height).
*For each broad jump you do not jump at least as far as your height, add a 1-burpee penalty after time expires.