Congrats to the 20 athletes who completed CrossFit Midtown's first PR challenge...and to everyone else who did their first Fran on Fri/Sat. You all did awesome! My mind is still blown from all the PRs. Congrats to you all on your progress. Big ups to our prize winners:
1. Anna - 60% IMPROVEMENT!!!
2. Betsy - 24.7% improvement
3. Alison - 24.5% improvement
1. Adam - 41% improvement
2. Chuck A - 39% improvement
3. Patrick - 37% improvement
Rx Men -
1. Matt C - 23% improvement
2. Drew - 20% improvement
3. Carlos - 19% improvement
Fastest Rx Man
Fastest Rx Woman
Registration for our next challenge (this one is WORLDWIDE, in conjunction w other boxes around the world!), the Whole Life Challenge, starts next month...more details comin' atcha this week.
Hydrostatic Body Composition testing is today!
This is a great measurement to track your progress throughout your CrossFit journey. The truck will be here from 4-7 pm. Testing is $30. Pay with cash, check or CC inside the gym. There are still spots available from 5 to 5:40 and after 7pm. Sign up for a 10-minute testing appointment by emailing Alicia
OTHER UPCOMING EVENTSPaleo Night at Urban Pl8
- YUMMY four-course paleo meal for just $25 TOMORROW at 8:30 pm. RSVP for dinner by emailing Alicia
or signing up at the gym.
- Sat, 8/4. Check out the link on the sidebar of this page to register.
Olympics Watch Party
- Sat, August 4th, 1-5pm at Rira Irish Pub. Get to know your fellow CFMers outside the gym as we watch some Olympics coverage of weightlifting, rowing, swimming, volleyball and more.
- it continues next week at 10am at the Piedmont Park volleyball courts.
Food as Fuel
- Sat, August 11th, 12-1:30 - free to members, $25 for guests. Learn how to make
better nutrition choices, grocery shopping tips, and other ways to make eating whole foods a habit.
We had a huge crew of 25 come out for the lululemon Community WOD on Sunday...most of us are pictured here. If you didn't make it, you missed a good one...BURPEE KETTLEBELL SWINGS anyone???
Workout of the Day
Press: 4 sets of 5, with 3:00 rest between sets
3 sets of 21 (goal is unbroken sets); 1:00 rest between sets
3 sets of 15 (goal is unbroken sets); 1:00 rest between sets