MON 09.17.12 GAME ON!

Whole Life Challenge Prelims

Thanks for playing

This weekend was awesome. SO MANY FUN EVENTS! More than 30 of us showed up on Saturday for WLC prelims at Piedmont Park. Aside from that 9 minutes of hell, what a fun time! I am so excited to embark on this eight-week challenge with all of you.

Congrats to our first WLC prize winners: Robbie, Adam, Woody, Tirzah and Laura S! More prizes are coming this week…

Please post your favorite memories of the weekend in the comments.

Workout of the Day

A. Back Squat: 8-6-4
(rest 2 min)
B. 21-15-9
Wall Balls 20/14
Burpees

Join the discussion 30 Comments

• Lis Saunders says:

WLCers – as many of you already discovered, something is up w the WLC site this AM. I'll keep you posted once I hear back from them, but promise that no one will be penalized if you didn't get your points logged today. Stay tuned for an update once I know more…

• Urán Piedra says:

Great showing this weekend! I'm so excited to see how much we all improve over the next 8 weeks. My favorite moment was witnessing Lis Saunders and Drew Vabulas trying to distract eachother with some friendly trash talk during their workouts.

• Lis Saunders says:

YES! Thanks to Vabs and Lynn for helping distract me during the best nine minutes of my life. I can't wait to see how much we all CRUSH that WOD in 8 weeks!

• Drew Vabulas says:

Great time on Saturday, let's run it back in a few weeks.

• Lynn Suzanne says:

my duty, chief. im sorry. i couldnt stop taking photos of you. is it creepy i took 3,000 pics & 2,998 were of you? or was it my pauper's outfit that distracted you? or my asking for a pump mid kettlebell thrust? "& when i put them on, i thought to myself, people are going to think these shorts are so cool" Jeremy Russie Brianne Elaine Verraneault

• Brianne Elaine Verraneault says:

That was the best part – you thought we would all <3 your pauper's shorts! hahaha

• Brianne Elaine Verraneault says:

• John Dyer says:

Lynn not only killed the workout, but also shot 4 under par immediately afterwards. Solid day.

• Lis Saunders says:

And the award for most inquisitive goes to… Lynn Suzanne!
      "Should I have a coconut water, or will that make me puke?"
      "Measurements? What? Where is my scorecard? Scorecard? Do I need a scorecard? Did they take my measurements?"
      "Do you have a spare pair of shorts?"
      "Do you have a pump?"
      "Is it weird that I'm taking pictures of you and only you?"

• Ellen Flader says:

I think she was LOVING the pauper shorts. I offered to switch with her for the workout but was turned down!

• Lis Saunders says:

I already talked Ellen Flader off the Diet Coke ledge. How's everybody else doing?

• Lis Saunders says:

WLC Update: they're working on it…
    "If you had a bad day yesterday, you're actually in luck… because of our technical glitch, EVERYONE will get full credit for points yesterday – 6 big ones!"

Trying not to think about the mimosas I could have had… and instead focus on the healthy decisions that are good for me, regardless of the points I earn.

• John Dyer says:

Very good time on Saturday. Great watching everyone suffer through that workout. My least favorite part was Dan realigning my spine during warm-ups. Of course, the highlight, and possibly the greatest moment in CFM history, was Jeremy biting that chalk brick in half and getting a mouthful of white powder in the process.

• Urán Piedra says:

I unfortunately didn't get to witness the actual biting. But I heard the retelling later of how Woody desperately tried to get Lis' attention while she was counting my reps, and when she finally turned to him, he said "that dude just ate chalk!"

• Lis Saunders says:

Yes, URAN! I'm like, "Kinda busy counting reps here. OKAY, FINE, what is it, Lassie?" And he's all, "Timmy, Timmy, there's a boy in the well!" ….DUDE JUST ATE CHALK!

• Brianne Elaine Verraneault says:

The best part of the weekend for me was explaining to Lis Saunders exactly why I was never a police officer…. OAN: It was awesome getting together with everybody for some quality work in the park! Can't wait to see the challenges/struggles/successes/and funny stories to occur over the next 8 weeks 🙂

• Lis Saunders says:

Austin Cohen, your thoughts? John Dyer, I think you should buy stock…

• amazon.com says:

Likewise, if you discover a great deal, and maximize the savings with your useful deals, then refill
    so long as it’s not a perishable product.