Food as Fuel recap
We had a great showing for last night’s Food as Fuel session. The basis of the paleo diet: eat meat & vegetables, nuts & seeds, little starch, some fruit and no sugar.
After you master those basics, I shared my TOP 6 NUTRITION RULES TO REACH YOUR GOALS:
1. Drink more water.
2. Drink less booze. When you do drink booze, stick to red wine or clear liquor mixed with with club soda or water. Sawwwwwy beer snobs. DISCLAIMER: alcohol is still broken down as sugar in your body. And it’s a neurotoxin, so if you wonder why you’re so depressed/anxious/ADD after a bender of a weekend, MAYBE it’s the booze (But maybe it’s also all the $ you spent. I digress).
3. Sleep 8 hours in a cool, dark room. If you have trouble with this, try winding down earlier, turn off the TV/computer/smartphone, turn down the lights and try a natural supplement that includes magnesium sulfate, melatonin, zinc and/or GABA… different stuff works for everyone.
4. Eat breakfast. It doesn’t have to be “breakfast food.” I often eat dinner for breakfast. Eff all that breakfast for dinner noise. Unless it’s bacon. Bacon goes with every meal.
5. Then throw in a few supplements: fish oil, vitamin D3, probiotics & digestive enzymes.
6. Post-workout is NOT the time to skimp on calories. Get some protein into your system within 45 minutes… preferably a high quality supplement like SFH.
Rowing class is taking the summer off
We’re gonna give Uran a few months off to make way for you guys to take advantage of our Tuesday Ninja Training & Gymnastics classes. But we have a super fun rowing event in the works for the fall, so stay tuned for details!
FREE PARK WOD SUNDAY AT 10a!
Join the Instructor Training Program students for a free park WOD in the Active Oval at Piedmont Park on Sunday morning.
Matt C won these abdominal muscles in last year’s Summer Challenge. You could be CFM’s next abtastic member. Register by Monday & you also get an awesome new CFM shirt!
Workout of the Day (WOD)
A. Deadlift: 3-3-3+
B. 10 min goat work
30 clean & jerks for time 135/95#
And coming tomorrow…TEAM WORKOUT
20 hands-behind-head abmat sit ups (strict: don’t swing arms for momentum)
20 air squats
20 double unders (sub 20 burpees)
20 kettlebell swings 53/35
20 pull ups
20 hand-release push ups (MODIFY WITH BAND ON HIPS)
20 mountain climbers
20 walking lunge steps
Teammate 1 starts at station 1. Teammate 2 goes to station 1 once teammate 1 moves on to station 2. Teammate 3 goes to station 1 once teammate 3 moves to station 2 and teammate 1 moves to station 3. Teammate 4 moves to station 1 once teammate 3 moves to station 2 and teammate 2 moves to station 3 and teammate 1 moves to station 4. Athletes cannot advance stations until station in front is clear.