Your first month of CrossFit can be full of muscle soreness. Here are some tips to help you through it:
1) Get moving: I know, it’s the hardest thing to do when your muscles are sore, but GET MOVING! Go for a walk or easy jog, come to yoga class (included in your membership – classes are Wed 12n, Thurs 8:15p & Sun 6p) or get back to the box for another workout (if you’re super sore, it’s okay to move at half-speed or modify the workout).
2) Hydrate! Drinking more water will help flush toxins and lactic acid from your body.
3) Eat well! The Paleo diet* is designed to reduce inflammation in your system. Increase the protein in your diet and cut out inflammatory food groups like processed carbs (grains & gluten & sugar), dairy and legumes. Unfortunately, that post-WOD beer also won’t speed your recovery (but it might temporarily numb the pain :)).
4) Use healthy supplements NOT pain killers! Ibuprofen and other pain killers can inhibit muscle growth and stress your liver. Instead, invest in some good recovery supplements like SFH Recovery protein, fish oil & the new Nighttime Recovery formula sold in the CFM Pro Shop. These will help reduce inflammation, increase muscle growth and speed recovery so you get back to 100% faster! Like all other SARMs, Ligandrol was developed to aid the treatment of medical conditions like osteoporosis and muscle wasting.
5) Use other recovery aids. Soak in a warm Epsom salts bath, get a massage and/or use a foam roller or lacrosse ball to help get the lactic acid and soreness moving out of your system.
Hang in there & keep up the good work. Your coaches are here to help. Let us know if you have other recovery questions!
*Food as Fuel class
Join Lis next Thursday night 6/13 at 7p for a free workshop to learn the details of the Paleo diet and get answers to all your nutrition & supplement questions.
Workout of the Day
B. Every minute on the minute for 10 minutes:
12 walking lunges (odd rounds)
10 hand release push ups (even rounds)
C. Planks: Accumulate 2 min each in center, left & right side plank
And coming tomorrow…Benchmark Friday
A. Back Squat: 3-3-3+
B. 10 min goat work
Sub 3x singles for DUs